iPhone 5 Cases, Specs: Top 3 Cases to Protect Your New Apple iPhone
Apple has rocked the tech industry with its new iPhone 5.
The new smartphone comes with many new features, including the new Lightening dock connector (a new smaller 8-pin), a 4-inch screen, headphone jacks migration to the phone's base, plus it's thinner and lighter than the iPhone 4S.
Existing and new iPhone users will need new everything including cases. Here a list of some of the popular cases around the Internet.
Like Us on Facebook
Many users love the Otter Box phone cases. They are extremely sturdy. When you drop your phone, trust me it will not break with this case on.
Otter Box sells five types of cases: Reflex Series, Prefix Series, Commuter Series, Defender Series, and the Defender Series with Realtree Camo.
- The Reflex Series: Lifestyle and protection come together in this highly protective case. Providing innovative protection, the Reflex Series case for the new iPhone 5 is lightweight, easy-to-dock and portable - leaving you with a secure feeling of protection wherever and however you use your smartphone or tablet. It comes in black, grey, green and blue, pop purple and violet purple, and clear transparent and slate grey.
- The Prefix series: The Prefix Series case for the new iPhone 5 provides a sleek yet sturdy solution to protect against shocks and bumps. The internal skeleton provides structural support while the self-adhesive screen protector prevents scratches and smudges. It comes in black and slate grey.
- The Commuter series: The Commuter Series iPhone 5 case is sleek enough to slide into your pocket yet tough enough to toss into your bag. It was built with two-layers of protection and an adhesive screen protector. It comes in black, green and blue, lava orange and grey, white and gunmetal grey, ocean blue and sky night blue, pop purple and violent purple, aqua blue and mineral blue, and avon pink.
- The Defender series cases: The Defender Series iPhone 5 case is the only case for demanding conditions, heavy use and random accidents. Three layers of protection include a polycarbonate skeleton that cushions the iPhone while the built-in screen protector prevents smudges and scratches. The outer layer wraps around the solid inner shell like an epidermis, creating a practically indestructible iPhone 5 case. A belt-clip holster is included and doubles as a media viewing stand. The Defender Series case for the iPhone 5 will protect your investment from drops, dust and other accidents. It come in similar colors to the Commuter series. It also comes in stone grey and peony pink.
- The Defender cases with RealTree Camo: The Defender Series Realtree camo case for the iPhone 5 offers solid protection that will keep the iPhone 5 not only safe from the elements, but from your clumsiness too. Built with three layers of protection, the Defender Series iPhone 5 case is the toughest defense for your active lifestyle. The two-piece polycarbonate layer snaps together to form a cushion around the new iPhone 5. A screen protector is built in to the polycarbonate layer to prevent scratches and smudges. The outer rubber layer wraps around the polycarbonate to make it a virtually indestructible iPhone 5 case. It comes in AP pink, AP blazed, Max 4HF Blazed.
According to a press release, Case-Mate, the international design company known for creating fashion-forward accessories that protect, style and enhance mobile technology, has released its most exciting portfolio of cases yet for the new iPhone 5. These new cases feature luxurious elevated materials, fresh innovative designs, and revolutionary protection and functionality.
Here are three examples from Work Smart, Play Hard, and Stand Out.
WORK SMART - New Case-Mate iPhone 5 cases for making a professional, sophisticated fashion statement:
- Artistry Collection, $50: Introducing a fine line of sophisticated materials that juxtapose natural materials - woods, shells, and leathers - with forged metallic. An interior patterned-inlay adds greater protection and finished feel throughout, while a sturdy two-piece construction protects the front and back of the device. Artistry Woods, the first line of cases in the Artistry Collection, are available in exotic blackened ashwood, rosewood, and zebrawood are accented by a handsome, brushed aluminum inlay. Artistry Woods will be for sale exclusively in U.S. retail at Best Buy and other mobile device resellers around the world.
PLAY HARD - New Case-Mate products that bring active-wear-inspired design and protection to your on-the-go lifestyle
- Tough, $40: This new two-piece construction brings a hard exterior together with a soft interior bumper to deliver excellent impact resistance. The interior pattern adds increased protection and crafted value. Available in black/black, marine blue/titanium grey, violet purple/pool blue, emerald green/chartreuse green, and lipstick pink/flame red.
STAND OUT - Newly Designed Case-Mate products that help you look your best during a night on the town
- Madison, $70: The Madison has returned with a handcrafted, high quality look and feel - this case features Swarovski crystals, premium quilted leather, and a brushed microfiber interior. Available in black.
Sena Leather Cases
According to GottabeMobile, Sena announced a collection of new iPhone 5 cases Sept. 19, marking some of the first leather iPhone 5 cases to hit the market and some of our favorite iPhone wallet cases reborn for the iPhone 5.
Sena offers 12 leather iPhone 5 cases, including 5 iPhone 5 wallet cases. Many of the form-fitting leather iPhone cases are wallet cases, but Sena also offers several flip cases that offer iPhone 5 screen protection when closed.
The Sena iPhone 5 cases are available to pre-order at discounted prices, but won't ship until late in October or early November. They start at $26.99, and increase for the higher end wallet cases to around $55.
Sena also offers iPhone 5 pouches, which allow users to slide the iPhone 5 in for protection on all sides as well as iPhone 5 holsters that attach to a belt while protecting the phone.
GTM reported that the leather iPhone 5 cases come in a variety of colors from black to bright red and bright orange. Most of the cases come with fine grain leather, but some are available with a pebble or crocodile leather finish.
Would choose one of these cases for your iPhone 5? Sound off below!